Last update: 23/12/2020
According to Article 4 of the GDPR, the notion of personal data (hereinafter “Data”) shall mean any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier, such as a last name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to his or her physical identity.
Within the scope of our activity, we process, in relation with the Data Protection Regulation, the Data of natural persons (personnel of our clients and prospects, personnel of our clients’ clients, service providers, subcontractors, occasional employees or their staff).
Information on the processing of your Data
We act as Data Controller when we ourselves determine the purposes and means of Data processing that we implement.
In order to ensure that the collection of your Data complies with the Regulation, Distroship provides you with the following information:
Purposes and legal basis of the processing. Within the scope of our relations with our clients and prospects, we implement Data processing operations whose purposes are as follows:
- Response to your questions, requests for quotation and requests for information;
- Processing and tracking of your shipments and management of claims;
- Management of our clients and prospects;
- Implementation of business retention and development measures by telephone or electronic means;
- Management of clients’ invoicing and payments;
- Protecting our website and your account against security incidents;
- Sending service-related messages, updates and security alerts;
- Elaboration of operational and sales statistics.
The legal basis for such processing is your consent or the execution of a contract or pre-contractual measures or our legitimate interest.
Types of Data processed. The Data processed for these purposes relate to the identity and contact details of the persons concerned (gender, last name and first name(s), email address, telephone number). In order to improve our services, we also collect the connection data of the users (IP addresses, pages consulted, connection times, types of browsers used, etc.).
Mandatory nature of the Data of the request form. In order to respond to your request for information or account opening, all the fields of the form must be completed, and you must tick the box of consent to the processing of your Data. Otherwise, we will not be able to respond to your request.
Recipients of the Data. The Data is intended for the services of Distroship, but some Data may be transmitted to third parties in the context of the use of our services, in particular to companies managing: shipment management, customs clearance, shipment tracking, email delivery, payment management, hosting and maintenance of the website, database management and communications management.
Transfer of Data to a third country. Personal Data may be transferred outside the European Union or the European Economic Area as part of the use of our services.
As such, you expressly authorize us to transfer Data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Data retention period. The length of time that the Data of the concerned natural persons are kept varies according to the purposes in question:
- The Data collected when the form is sent are kept for a period of three (3) years as from the last contact with the concerned natural person;
- With regard to the purpose of contract management and execution, the Data are kept for the duration of the execution of the contract, in an active base, then in intermediate archiving for a period of ten (10) years as from the execution of the last service covered by the contract that has not given rise to any reserve or dispute;
- The connection Data are however only kept for a maximum of six (6) months.
Exercise of the rights of the persons concerned. In accordance with the Data Protection Regulation, the concerned natural persons whose Data are processed by us have:
- The right to withdraw their consent at any time;
- The right to access their Data;
- The right to rectify or delete their Data;
- The right to limit the processing of their Data;
- The right to object to the processing of their Data;
- The right to the portability of their Data.
Any request relating to the exercise of your rights must be accompanied by your last name, first name(s), email address and physical address, and a copy of a valid identity document.
The request can be made:
- Either by regular mail at: Distroship, 36, rue de Strassen, L – 8094 Bertrange (Luxembourg);
- Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
These rights may be exercised after the death of the person concerned by any person designated by the latter under the conditions set out in the Regulation.
You have the right to submit a claim regarding the processing of your personal Data to the CNPD (Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données), 1 avenue du Rock’n’Roll – L – 4361 Esch-sur-Alzette (Luxembourg).
Cookies are files that we place on your device’s hard drive or memory to enable you to use the website.
Most browsers can be set to delete or disable cookies. Each browser’s settings are different; please refer to your browser’s help menu. Disabling cookies may prevent the website from working.
The cookies necessary for the operation of your user session are kept for a period of two (2) hours from the time of deposit on your device.
Cookies related to your preferences (your preferred language, for example) are kept for a period of five (5) years from the date of deposit on your device.
Some of our services are supported by a few third parties.
Payment service provider
Among other options, we offer online payments with bank cards.
Stripe, with registered offices in San Francisco, CA, USA and Dublin, Ireland, is utilized.
These cookies are essential to manage payment operations. Distroship could not propose its services, and their associated payments, if these cookies were disabled.
Live chat service
Among other options, we offer chat services so our visitors can address questions and get quick responses.
Tidio, with registered offices in San Francisco, CA, USA and Szczecin, Poland, is utilized.
These services are not essential to manage our operations. Therefore, if the chat is not needed, you may block Tidio by using a browser plugin such as Ghostery.